Autism In Practice – Working with Autistic Adults
If you do not have an account, this will need to be created for you. Please follow the link for joining instructions and more information about the Hub
Aims and Objectives:
- Revision and extension of basic autism awareness content
- Revision and extension of understanding of Equality Act requirement for reasonable adjustments and how to meet these when working with autistic adults.
- Develop practical communication strategies when supporting an autistic person.
- Recognise sensory needs and differences of an autistic person and be able to make appropriate adjustments
- Develop understanding of how autistic people may experience change and transitions and effective approaches to providing support with this.
- Be aware of the requirements of the Mental Capacity Act and develop practical strategies to support autistic adults to make their own decisions whenever possible
- Develop understanding of the barriers autistic people may experience in the community and effective approaches to supporting life skills including independence, social skills and access to employment
- Be able to support family and friends and recognise their expertise in relation to autistic clients whilst being aware of conflict of interest issues.
- Recognise the most likely causes of stress and anxiety for autistic clients and be able to support autistic clients to manage stress and anxiety
- Become aware of the likelihood of co-occurring mental health issues and how these may present differently in autistic clients
Direct Care Staff, Social Workers (LD, MH, Older Adults) to complement ‘Autism in Practice: Assessing & Care Planning with Autistic Adults’
Dates and venues available
|Dates and venues available||Venue|
Times: Arrive 9.15 for registration and refreshments for a 9.30am start and finish 4.30pm
Refreshments will be provided. Lunch will NOT be provided
If delegates fail to attend, the establishment will be invoiced for the non-attendance rate of £100 per person.
Leicestershire County Council staff can book on the course through the Hub, with your user account and password https://leicestershiretotara.learningpool.com/login/index.php
Leicestershire County Council Staff who do not have an account please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wider Sector, Leicester City Council, & Rutland County Council staff book on the course through the Hub, with your user account and password https://leicestershiretotara.learningpool.com/login/index.php
If you do not have an account, this will need to be created for you. Please follow the link for joining instructions and more information about the Hub http://www.lscdg.org/lms-information/ or email email@example.com