Dignity in Care Training the Trainer – One Day Workshop 2017
Date:23 March 2018
Venue:9:30 am - 4:30 pm
If you do not have an account, this will need to be created for you. Please follow the link for joining instructions and more information about the Hub
Dignity in Care Training the Trainer
One Day Workshop 2017Target Group: This programme is aimed at managers, seniors, team leaders and/or training co-ordinators working within a regulated care setting. For example, residential or nursing care homes for older people and adults with a learning disability or mental ill-health, domiciliary care or supported living in Leicestershire and Leicester City. Please note that only staff who have undertaken training in Dignity in Care within their organisations and/or have completed the Council’s e-learning dignity in care module should attend. All participants will be expected to deliver a sample of their training to the rest of the group during the course of the day so please consider carefully your nominations. This course would be ideally suited to:
- Individuals that are currently facilitating and delivering training as part of their day to day role;
- Individuals that are confident to deliver training within a group setting and will be responsible for the delivery of dignity training.
- The Target Group will be expected to deliver the information/training to their own staff group;
- These workshops will help to promote and embed the delivery of dignified practices within establishments/communities;
- To enable and support staff to understand the importance of and to deliver a dignified service to those they support.
- To develop your own interpersonal and training skills to deliver effective training;
- To develop the skills in your staff group to challenge poor practice and acknowledge and encourage good practice;
- To develop skills to motivate staff to deliver a dignified service;
- Adopt different styles of delivery to facilitate learning;
- Think about what is a good and a bad training session;
- To be given the resources and tools to take back to your establishment to use as a basis for your own training.
|5th October 2017||NSPCC, 3 Gilmour Close, Beaumont Leys,|
|9th January 2018||Salvation Army, South Wigston|
|23rd March 2018||Harborough Innovation Centre, Leicester Road|