Moving & Handling 1 Day Update
one day course
03 April 2017 - 01 March 2018
Book through the Hub
MOVING AND HANDLING UPDATE
(Multi Agency Training)
1 DAY UPDATE COURSE
To attend this course delegates MUST have completed the 3 day Moving & Handling Training The Trainer Course with LSCDG, Leicestershire County Council.
Aims & Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Work within the laws and regulations of Moving and Handling
- Identify and demonstrate the physical effects of manual handling on the body
- Use principles of safe handling and instruct others to do so.
- Identify and correct unsafe client handling practices
- Use safe hoisting techniques and instruct others to do so
- Carry out and demonstrate to others the need for safety checks on equipment
- Carry out, implement and review M&H risk assessments
- Demonstrate continued competence
It is considered good practice for delegates to attend Moving and Handling Update approximately every 18 months.
The course dates are as follows:
- Have an update on Manual Handling Risk Assessment
8.45 arrival for 9.00am prompt start, to 4.00pm
County Hall, Glenfield
Delegates will be expected to attend the training on time and complete the training, otherwise they may be turned away by the trainer and the organisation will be charged.
Refreshments will be provided. Lunch will NOT be provided
This course is a multi-agency training and will remain fully funded.
As long as delegates attend a multi–agency course, no invoice will be raised for an attendance.
If delegates fail to attend, the establishment will be invoiced for the non-attendance rate of £100 (if the course is more than a day then this will be £100 per day).
Leicestershire County Council staff
can book on the course through the Hub, with your user account and password https://leicestershiretotara.learningpool.com/login/index.php
If you do not have an account please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leicester City Council Staff cannot attend this course.
Wider Sector & Rutland County Council staff
book on the course through the Hub, with your user account and password
If you do not have an account, this will need to be created for you. Please follow the link for joining instructions and more information about the Hub
or email email@example.com
For further information relating to the LSCDG, courses and the Learning Management System
Visit our website - www.lscdg.org
LSCDG Contact: 0116 305 6675 or Email: LSCDG@leics.gov.uk
Book through the Hub