FREE – Single Handed Care Training for Leicestershire Care Providers ONLY
02 January 2018
Single Handed Care Training
Leicestershire County Council is reviewing all double handed care packages. The Single Handed Care Team has been in place since 24th of April 2017.
Occupational Therapists are currently reviewing all double handed packages in a person centred way, ensuring that the needs of the individual continue to be appropriately supported. When appropriate, there may be changes advised to the packages by:
- Reduction of care hours or from double handed to single handed care for some or all visits.
- Provision of new pieces of equipment.
- Introduction to alternative moving and handling techniques
It is essential that you and your team are familiar with the equipment and skills to enable successful single handed care where this is recommended.
We are providing Free Training sessions to enable the knowledge and safe using of this equipment and techniques invite you to attend.
- Drop in sessions for all care staff.
- Full day Train the Trainer (competency based) for Home Care Managers (who give advice or train own carers), seniors, Co-ordinates and Moving and Handling trainers.
Full day Train the Trainer
AIMS and OBJECTIVES:
This course is designed to provide practical opportunities for staff in the use of equipment provided for the Single Handed Care Programme.
- By the end of the session, participants will:
- Demonstrate safe use of bed management systems.
- List potential equipment for single handed care provision.
- Use positioning wedges.
- Demonstrate safe use of transfer devices.
- Combine the use of bed systems and hoists.
- Have the ability to understand when the equipment provision may need reviewing.
- Understand how to access digital support material
|17/01/2018||Drop in session for carers||County Hall;Glenfield;LE3 8RA
|23/01/2018||Train the trainer 1day||County Hall;Glenfield;LE3 8RA
|13/02/2018||Drop in session for carers||County Hall;Glenfield;LE3 8RA
|26/02/2018||Train the trainer 1day||County Hall;Glenfield;LE3 8RA
|Train the trainer 1day||County Hall;Glenfield;LE3 8RA
|12/03/2018||Drop in session for carers||County Hall;Glenfield;LE3 8RA
Drop in sessions: Any time between 9:30am and 3pm
Train the Trainer: Arrive 9:15am for a 9:30 start and finish 4.00pm
Refreshments will be provided. Lunch will NOT be provided
These courses are fully funded, therefore you will only be charged, if delegates fail to attend. The establishment will be invoiced for the non-attendance rate of £ 50 per person (drop in session) £100 per person(Train the Trainer).
If you do not have an account, this will need to be created for you. Please follow the link for joining instructions and more information about the Hub
LSCDG Contact: 0116 30 56675or Email: LSCDG@leics.gov.uk