Fully Funded – Well-led – 5 Day Development Programme for Managers of Adult Social Care Services working in private, public or third sectors
13 June 2019
LSCDG are pleased to announce that Skills for Care have agreed to run the Well-led Programme for registered managers of residential & nursing care homes, supported living accommodation and domiciliary care services in Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland.
Well-led is a national development programme for managers working in the private, public or third sectors and has received very positive feedback in the other localities. It is a fully funded programme and a fantastic opportunity for registered managers who wish to:
- develop a clear understanding of what well-led looks like in a care setting
- develop a clear understanding of how leadership strategies and techniques can be used to transform services and improve the quality of care
- develop the confidence and skills necessary to lead services in an increasingly complex and challenging context
- develop clear goals and commitment to improve your personal leadership effectiveness
- learn from the experience of others by working with them in a range of collaborative learning activities and networking opportunities
- discuss issues around hospital admissions, developing new ways of working
There will be an expectation that successful candidates attend the 5 full-day, practical workshops and to engage and be committed to complete the programme successfully.
It is also the expectation that the organisation and/or proprietor of the relevant service makes a similar commitment to support and enable the registered manager of that service to be able to attend. A contract setting out that expectation and commitment will be drawn up with the LSCDG in advance of the start of the programme.
Leicester City Council, Leicestershire County Council and Rutland County Council remain committed to supporting the delivery of good quality services across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland and hope that registered managers take the opportunity to take advantage of this excellent offer.
Location: NSPCC National Training Centre, Leicester, LE4 1EZ
Day 1 – Thursday 17 October 2019
Day 2 – Thursday 07 November 2019
Day 3 – Wednesday 27 November 2019
Day 4 – Tuesday 10 December 2019
Day 5 – Tuesday 14January 2020
To apply for the programme, visit https://events.skillsforcare.org.uk/skillsforcare/678/home
Please be aware that places are subject to a screening process conducted by the 3 local authority and
successful delegates will be notified late August/early September 2019.
Download the flyer