Making An Alert To The Local Authority – Pre Recorded Webinar
Target Group: Managers, supervisors or senior staff in registered and non-registered settings with a responsibility for reporting Adult Safeguarding concerns and making an ‘Alert’ to the Local Authority
Skype training- A recorded presentation to use along with resources for each section of the course.
There are 3 sections and you can work through each one at your leisure.
• Identify what action to take when an allegation of abuse is reported
• Identify and minimise risks when an allegation of abuse is reported
• Identify the importance of recording and documenting in relation to safeguarding adults
• Provide support for staff and people who use services who report concerns of abuse, or are alleged to have committed abuse
• Be clear about what happens following a safeguarding adults Alert to the Local Authority and what your role might be in relation to a ‘Section 42 enquiry’
• Have knowledge of related legislation
• Work within the principles of information sharing in accordance with the local policy and procedure, relevant legislation and relevant internal guidance