Dignity In Care Training The Trainer
If you do not have an account, this will need to be created for you. Please follow the link for joining instructions and more information about the Hub
This programme is aimed at managers, seniors, team leaders and/or training co-ordinators working within a regulated care setting. For example, residential or nursing care homes for older people and adults with a learning disability or mental ill-health, domiciliary care or supported living in Leicestershire and Leicester City. Please note that only staff who have undertaken training in Dignity in Care within their organisations and/or have completed the Council’s e-learning dignity in care module should attend. All participants will be expected to deliver a sample of their training to the rest of the group during the course of the day so please consider carefully your nominations. This course would be ideally suited to:
- Individuals that are currently facilitating and delivering training as part of their day to day role;
- Individuals that are confident to deliver training within a group setting and will be responsible for the delivery of dignity training.
- The Target Group will be expected to deliver the information/training to their own staff group;
- These workshops will help to promote and embed the delivery of dignified practices within establishments/communities;
- To enable and support staff to understand the importance of and to deliver a dignified service to those they support.
- To develop your own interpersonal and training skills to deliver effective training;
- To develop the skills in your staff group to challenge poor practice and acknowledge and encourage good practice;
- To develop skills to motivate staff to deliver a dignified service;
- Adopt different styles of delivery to facilitate learning;
- Think about what is a good and a bad training session;
- To be given the resources and tools to take back to your establishment to use as a basis for your own training.Please note that a Compliance Officer, Quality Improvement with the lead for the Dignity in Care Award will be joining us to provide information on Leicestershire County Council’s Dignity Award, the role of the Dignity Champion and how you can utilise your learning today to support staff to become effective Champions and evidence your best practice.
Dates and venues available
|22nd Aug 2018||County Hall – Glenfield Room – G59B|
|6th Nov 2018||County Hall – Glenfield Room – G59B|
Arrive 9.15am for a 9:30 start and finish 4.30pm
Refreshments will be provided. Lunch will NOT be provided
If delegates fail to attend, the establishment will be invoiced for the non-attendance rate of £100.
For further information relating to the LSCDG, courses and the Learning Management System
Visit our website – www.lscdg.org
LSCDG Contact: 0116 30 56675 or Email: LSCDG@leics.gov.uk