LLR Safeguarding Digest
19 February 2021
This LLR Safeguarding Digest provides key updates for your information below:
- Safeguarding Matters – February 2021. Safeguarding Matters is the quarterly newsletter of the Leicestershire & Rutland Safeguarding Children Partnership, the Leicestershire & Rutland Safeguarding Adults Board (SAB), the Leicester Safeguarding Children Partnership Board and the Leicester SAB. The recently published February edition is available online.
- PREVENT Update – January 2021. The update reassures that referrals are being taken as usual whilst every precaution is taken to ensure safety during the COVID pandemic (flyer attached).
- What is Adult Safeguarding? Information sessions are being held for people who live in Leicester about adults who may be at risk of abuse or neglect. The session covers what adult safeguarding is, what abuse and neglect are, signs of abuse and neglect in adults and what to do if you have concerns. The next session is on Wednesday 3rd March from 2.00pm until 3.00pm. To book a place to attend this session, either e-mail email@example.com or call 0116 454 6270 with your name and contact details. Limited places are available so please book early. Please share the attached poster and details of this session with people who use your services.
- Relay UK is a service that supports people who have speech and or hearing impairment. Your organisation may already be familiar with Relay UK, but if not, you can find out more information at www.relayuk.bt.com. You may want to inform people who use your services about Relay UK as it may be of benefit to them.
- NSPCC CASPAR News Update – 15/02/2021 – Provides current information, research and guidance on a range of issues. Further information is available here: NSPCC News Update.
Please click on link below
Admin and Business Support Officer
Leicester Safeguarding Boards Office
Leicester City Council
Town Hall, Town Hall Square, Leicester, LE1 9BG
Internal Tel: 37 5866
External Tel: 0116 454 5866
Board Office Tel: 0116 454 6520