Workforce Development Fund
- What is the Workforce Development Fund?
- The Workforce Development Fund (WDF) is funding from the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) disseminated by Skills for Care. It supports the provision of high quality care and the continuing professional development (CPD) of staff across the adult social care sector by providing a contribution towards the costs of vocational learning. The fund allows you to claim back money towards the costs of workers completing a broad range of adult social care qualifications, learning programmes and digital learning module.
- All learning on completion of a qualification or digital module and evidenced by a copy of learners certificates.
- Funding is only available for qualifications, apprenticeships, learning programmes and digital learning modules as per SfC acceptance list https://www.skillsforcare.org.uk/resources/documents/Funding/Workforce-Development-Fund/23-24/Funded-qualifications/WDF-funded-qualifications-and-learning-2023-24.pdf
- Claims for back fill of posts.
- Qualifications & learning programmes must be completed between 1 January 2023 and 29 Feb 2024
What is accepted?
- We can only accept units that are listed on the SfC list of acceptable units. We are able to accept the following evidence for these units:
- Copy of Qualification Certificate
- Copy of Qualification Certification breakdown of standards achieved
- Full name of person funding is being claimed
- Unique Learning Number of the individual person
- Qualification registration number
- Criteria to claim funding……
- It’s important to note that organisation’s accessing funding must meet the requirements of the Adult Social Care Workforce Data set for ASC-WDS-and-WDF-requirements-23-24 (PDF, 92 KB)
To Join the Partnership you need to complete the membership form by 21st February 2023. if you do not return a membership form by this date, then it unlikely, that you will be able to claim funding ( it only takes a a few minutes to to complete.
- To make a claim from the Workforce Development Fund in 2023-2024 you must complete or refresh your Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set (ASC-WDS) account(s). All existing accounts must be updated, you have until 31st March 2024 to do that
Watch a short video on the adult social care workforce data set
The partnership only has a set amount of funding to distribute. The quicker you submit your members declaration form and your claims, the more chance you have of accessing funding.
How Will Providers be paid ?
- The implementation of the new Oracle system allows suppliers to register themselves.
- “To receive purchase orders and payments from Leicestershire County Council, you need to register as a supplier using the Supplier registration form.
- The information you provide will be held on our system and used for contacting you and when issuing purchase orders and remittance advice.
- If your registration is successful you will hear from our shared services partner, East Midlands Shared Services within 5 days
A reminder of key dates to ensure you claim your funding for this financial year 2023 – 2024
Thursday 29th February 2024 – Final chance to return your membership declaration form
31st March 2024 – To update the eligibility criteria for the Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set (ASC-WDS) (see attached) to create an account click on link here
22nd March 2024 – to send us your claims – complete the WDF Employer Claim Submission Form (See attached) with every claim you make, and submit a copy of the learners certificate (see attached guidance) then email all to email@example.com
If you have any queries or need any support, please do contact LSCDG :
Melanie Jurkowski Melanie.Jurkowski@leics.gov.uk on 0116 3054530
Nazir Hussein firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0116 3057363
or email email@example.com