Workforce Development Fund
- What is the Workforce Development Fund?
- The Workforce Development Fund (WDF) is funding from the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) disseminated by Skills for Care. It supports the provision of high quality care and the continuing professional development (CPD) of staff across the adult social care sector by providing a contribution towards the costs of vocational learning. The fund allows you to claim back money towards the costs of workers completing a broad range of adult social care qualifications, learning programmes and digital learning module
- All learning on completion of a qualification or digital module and evidenced by a copy of learners certificates.
- Funding is only available for qualifications, apprenticeships, learning programmes and digital learning modules as per SfC acceptance list
- Claims for back fill of posts.
What is accepted?
- We can only accept units that are listed on the SfC list of acceptable units. We are able to accept the following evidence for these units:
- Copy of Qualification Certificate
- Copy of Qualification Certification breakdown of standards achieved
- Full name of person funding is being claimed
- Unique Learning Number of the individual person
- Qualification registration number
- Criteria to claim funding……
- It’s important to note that organisation’s accessing funding must meet the Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set (ASC-WDS) requirements for WDF.
- To make a claim from the Workforce Development Fund in 2021-22 you must complete or refresh your Adult Social Care Workforce Data Set (ASC-WDS) account(s). All existing accounts must be updated on or after 1 April 2021.
Watch a short video on the adult social care workforce data set
- How Will Providers be paid ?
- The implementation of the new Oracle system allows suppliers to register themselves.
- “To receive purchase orders and payments from Leicestershire County Council, you need to register as a supplier using the Supplier registration form.
- The information you provide will be held on our system and used for contacting you and when issuing purchase orders and remittance advice.
- If your registration is successful you will hear from our shared services partner, East Midlands Shared Services within 5 days
- You can contact the FSC if needed, by:
Telephone: 0300 303 0222 – Option 1
- What support will LSCDG provide?
- Dedicated business support for WDF
- Workshops – live webinar via MS Teams
- 7th September 2021 13:00 to 14:00
- 4th October 2021 10:30 to 11:30
- 4th November 2021 14:30 to 15:30
- Email email@example.com
- Provider Name: