Moving & Handling Update
If you do not have an account, this will need to be created for you. Please follow the link for joining instructions and more information about the Hub
To attend this course delegates MUST have completed the 3 day Moving & Handling Training The Trainer Course with LSCDG,
Aims & Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Work within the laws and regulations of Moving and Handling
- Identify and demonstrate the physical effects of manual handling on the body
- Use principles of safe handling and instruct others to do so.
- Identify and correct unsafe client handling practices
- Use safe hoisting techniques and instruct others to do so
- Carry out and demonstrate to others the need for safety checks on equipment
- Carry out, implement and review M&H risk assessments
- Demonstrate continued competence
- Have an update on Manual Handling Risk Assessment
It is considered good practice for delegates to attend Moving and Handling Update approximately every 18 months.
Venue: County Hall - Room 141
26th April 2020
2nd May 2020
17th June 2020
18th July 2020
14th Aug 2020
5th Sept 2020
3rd Oct 2020
1st Nov 2020
13th Dec 2020
24th Jan 2021
7th Feb 2021
16th March 2021
Course Time: 8.45 arrival for 9.00am prompt start, to 4.00pm
Venue: County Hall, Glenfield
Delegates will be expected to attend the training on time and complete the training, otherwise they may be turned away by the trainer and the organisation will be charged.
Refreshments will be provided. Lunch will NOT be provided
This course is a multi-agency training and will remain fully funded.
As long as delegates attend a multi–agency course, no invoice will be raised for an attendance.
If delegates fail to attend, the establishment will be invoiced for the non-attendance rate of £50.
Leicestershire County Council staff can book on the course through the Hub, with your single sign on https://leicestershiretotara.learningpool.com/login/index.php
If you do not have an account please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leicester City Council Staff cannot attend this course.
Wider Sector & Rutland County Council staff book on the course through the Hub, with your user account and password
http://www.lscdg.org/lms-information/ or email email@example.com