Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS)
12 Feb 2015 - 12 Feb 2016
Aims & Objectives
Times: 9:30am – 4:00pm - Arrive 15 minutes early for registration and refreshments
Refreshments will be provided. Lunch will NOT be provided
For this course care providers will be invoiced at a flat rate of £30 per delegate, after the attendance.
If delegates fail to attend, the establishment will be invoiced for the non-attendance rate of £100 per person.
Local Authority staff will be required to enter a COST CODE on the booking form, in the event of non-attendance your Department will be invoiced, therefore authorisation from your manager is required for you to attend this training.
- Understand the roles and duties of the managing authority in working within local processes, as governed by the Supervisory body, including making full, clear and accurate referrals
- Provide opportunities for care providers to explore case studies together
- Share experience gained through actual cases
- Understand and apply the learning of DoLS, including best practice on reducing restrictions
- Care Workers in services which support adults who may have difficulties in making their own decisions due to temporary or permanent loss of ‘capacity’.
- Managers and other senior staff wishing to ‘refresh’ their knowledge of MCA.This training will be delivered in an informal style to enable participants to apply the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards within their care services.
|The Pavillion, Huncote
|Green Towers for Young People, Hinckley
|Salvation Army, South Wigston
|Peepul Enterprise Ltd, Leicester
|Melton Carnigie Museum, Melton
|Heartwood Conferencing Ltd, Coalville