Introduction to End of Life Care
13 Feb 2015
For Care Home and Domiciliary Care StaffPlease see flyer for more details -Intro to End of Life Care flyer Overview This is a one day introduction to some of the important aspects of care delivery at the end of life for care home staff and domiciliary care staff. Topics include
- What is palliative and end of life care?
- How do we recognise that people are approaching end of life?
- What is a good death?
- Optimising care to ensure a “good death”
- What do we mean by holistic and person centred care?
- How can we ensure that we are meeting people’s individual needs at end of life?
- Key people involved in end of life care and multi-disciplinary team working
- Communication and barriers to communication at end of life
- Effective Communication skills