- MOVING AND HANDLING – 1 DAY UPDATE COURSE
MOVING AND HANDLING – 1 DAY UPDATE COURSE
MOVING AND HANDLING UPDATE
(Multi Agency Training)
1 DAY UPDATE COURSE
To attend this course delegates MUST have completed the Moving & Handling Training The Trainer Course with LSCDG, Leicestershire County Council
Aims & Objectives:
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
It is considered good practice for delegates to attend Moving and Handling Update approximately every 18 months.
- Work within the laws and regulations of Moving and Handling
- Identify and demonstrate the physical effects of manual handling on the body
- Use principles of safe handling and instruct others to do so.
- Identify and correct unsafe client handling practices
- Use safe hoisting techniques and instruct others to do so
- Carry out and demonstrate to others the need for safety checks on equipment
- Carry out, implement and review M&H risk assessments
- Demonstrate continued competence
- Have an update on Manual Handling Risk Assessment
8.45 arrival for 9.00am prompt start, to 4.00pm
Delegates will be expected to attend the training on time and complete the training, otherwise they may be turned away by the trainer and the organisation will be charged.
County Hall, Glenfield
Refreshments will be provided. Lunch will NOT be provided
This course is a multi-agency training and will remain fully funded.
As long as delegates attend a multi–agency course, no invoice will be raised for an attendance.
If delegates fail to attend, the establishment will be invoiced for the non-attendance rate of £100 (if the course is more than a day then this will be £100 per day).
Local Authority staff
will be required to enter a COST CODE on the booking form, in the event of non-attendance your Department will be invoiced, therefore authorisation from your manager is required for you to attend this training.