- PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities) a practical approach
PMLD (Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities) a practical approach
(1 day course - £30 per delegate)
AIMS and OBJECTIVES:
- Understand what the term PMLD means and why we relate to people in this way
- Know which Legislation/ Laws and policies govern the way in which we work
- Why Safeguarding is so important for people who have PMLD and understanding your role
- How Mental capacity and Deprivation of Liberty) DOL’s affect people with PMLD
- To explore the best ways to communicate and understand what's being communicated and look at how we can use objects to help a person understand.
- To look at sensory interaction and how we apply this
- To look at opportunities to involve people in everyday routines and activities.
- To understand the impact that attitudes have on an individual with PMLD
Course designed for all managers and staff who work with or would like to develop their knowledge and understanding of PMLD
Arrive 9.15 for registration and refreshments for a 9.30am prompt start and finish 4.00pm
Refreshments will be provided. Lunch will NOT be provided
For this course care providers will be invoiced at a flat rate of £30 per delegate, after the attendance.
If delegates fail to attend, the establishment will be invoiced for the non-attendance rate of £100 per person.
Local Authority staff
will be required to enter a COST CODE on the booking form, in the event of non-attendance your Department will be invoiced, therefore authorisation from your manager is required for you to attend this training.
The availability on this website is not a true reflection. Please check and book yourself on the course through the Hub, with your user account https://leicestershiretotara.learningpool.com/login/index.php
If you do not have an account, this will need to be created for you. Please follow the link for joining instructions and more information about the Hub. please follow the link http://www.lscdg.org/lms-information/