PMLD – Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities – a practical approach
26 Feb 2015
Please see flyer for more information - PMLD AIMS and OBJECTIVES:
- Understand what the term PMLD means and why we relate to people in this way
- Know which Legislation/ Laws and policies govern the way in which we work
- Why Safeguarding is so important for people who have PMLD and understanding your role
- How Mental capacity and Deprivation of Liberty) DOL’s affect people with PMLD
- To explore the best ways to communicate and understand what's being communicated and look at how we can use objects to help a person understand.
- To look at sensory interaction and how we apply this
- To look at opportunities to involve people in everyday routines and activities.
- To understand the impact that attitudes have on an individual with PMLD