The Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub (LLR MHW Hub)
24 April 2022
The Leicester, Leicestershire & Rutland Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub (LLR MHW Hub) has a new Outreach team to focus on providing care home staff access to mental health and wellbeing support.
As the care home staff continue to face further disruption due the pandemic, ,increased stress, exhaustion and burnout, increased risk of developing longer term mental health problems, such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, anxiety and compassion fatigue are just some of the health problems people in the social care sector are experiencing.
The new outreach team led by Salim Khalifa and Leona Knott – are offering managers and staff the opportunity to access face or digital outreach sessions, which include:
- Advice to staff of LLR Hub health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Direct referrals into Amica Counselling services should any staff member feel the need for confidential support away from their work environment.
- Online tools on a platform called Silver cloud, which can be accessed by all staff and has a number of modules around anxiety, stress, sleep and can offer a further enhanced service where a member of the Amica staff can offer online support.
- Outreach clinics in Care Homes, where staff can speak to a worker.
- Videos and programmes on resilience and mindfulness.
If you think staff will benefit from the outreach team or you want to know more about what they offer please contact:
Salim Khalifa – LLR and Amica Outreach Manager email@example.com
Leona Knott – LLR and Amica Outreach Team Lead firstname.lastname@example.org
The outreach team want to make sure staff feel supported and their health and wellbeing is taken care of in these challenging time.
Amica Staff Counselling & Psychological Support Services
Knighton Street Offices, Level 1, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Leicester, LE1 5WW
Helpline: 0116 254 4388 | Admin:0116 258 6752 | Website: www.amica-counselling.uk
You can also access interactive online wellbeing programmes on
SilverCloud Easy to use, proven to help, and convenient , click on the link below