Health & Social Care Protocol
If you do not have an account, this will need to be created for you. Please follow the link for joining instructions and more information about the Hub
Health & Social Care Protocol
Leicestershire Partnership Trust are delivering free training for delegated health tasks to social care staff commencing from January 2019 Health and Social Care Protocol
The purpose of the Protocol is to promote constructive co-operation between staff of different agencies in the interests of good quality care for individuals. The Protocol sets out the responsibilities of the NHS that, with the right oversight and training, can be delivered by social care agencies, whilst remaining the responsbility of the NHS. Implicit in this working arrangement is the understanding and expectation that the health agencies will also deliver services that primarily the remit of social care. Put simply, the overriding principle is : "If you are there and competent to do it, you do it"
The protocol is a working document which will be updated as new situations arise, are resolved and become absorbed into standard practice. You can download the pocket book version here.
There is also an easy guide which explains the content of each programme
To complete the passport the training you have 2 options
requires you to attend 2 1/2 days, this can be completed in any order.
- Core Generic Healthcare Tasks - Full Day Core Skills 1 - 6 in the Training Passport).
- Generic Healthcare Tasks A - Full Day (Generic Skills 7 - 11 & 14 in Training Passport).
- Generic Healthcare Tasks B - Half Day ( Generic Skills 12 - 13 in Training Passport).
- These training session are fully funded however non attendance of any sessions will incur a charge as follows;
- £100 for a full day £50 for a half day
- Dates for the Hub Face -Face training 2019
- Option 2
- The e-learning programme provides the knowledge of the delegated tasks that are needed to acquire the passport for HSCP Generic Tasks.
- This programme is only available on the LSCDG Learning Hub - see below on how to access the Hub.
- The e-learning modules must be completed within 4 weeks; you are then required to attend assessment 1 and 2. workshops within three months.
- Please book a time slot to complete both assessment days. Failure to compete both in the allocated time will result in you having to retake the e-learning and assessments modules again
- .E-learning flyer Friday - formated
- Leicestershire County Council staff can book on the course through the Hub, with your user account and password https://leicestershiretotara.learningpool.com/login/index.php
- Leicestershire County Council Staff who do not have an account please email email@example.com
- If you do not have an account, this will need to be created for you. http://www.lscdg.org/lms-information/
- If you have any queries around the course content please contact Janet Taylor Clinical Student Facilitator Mob: 07917550583 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please follow the link for joining instructions and more information about the Hub
- Wider Sector, Leicester City Council, & Rutland County Council staff book on the course through the Hub, with your user account and password https://leicestershiretotara.learningpool.com/login/index.php
- How To Book On The Course
- Download the e-learning flyer
- A new programme for the Health and Social Care Protocol has been developed that consists of 6 e-learning modules and assessment workshops. The 6 modules are: Introduction, Pressure Ulcer Care, Nutrition and Hydration, Medication, Stoma Care and Blood Sugar Test.