Dignity in Care Training the Trainer – One Day Workshop 2017
23 Mar 2018
Dignity in Care Training the Trainer
One Day Workshop 2017Target Group: This programme is aimed at managers, seniors, team leaders and/or training co-ordinators working within a regulated care setting. For example, residential or nursing care homes for older people and adults with a learning disability or mental ill-health, domiciliary care or supported living in Leicestershire and Leicester City. Please note that only staff who have undertaken training in Dignity in Care within their organisations and/or have completed the Council’s e-learning dignity in care module should attend. All participants will be expected to deliver a sample of their training to the rest of the group during the course of the day so please consider carefully your nominations. This course would be ideally suited to:
- Individuals that are currently facilitating and delivering training as part of their day to day role;
- Individuals that are confident to deliver training within a group setting and will be responsible for the delivery of dignity training.
- The Target Group will be expected to deliver the information/training to their own staff group;
- These workshops will help to promote and embed the delivery of dignified practices within establishments/communities;
- To enable and support staff to understand the importance of and to deliver a dignified service to those they support.
- To develop your own interpersonal and training skills to deliver effective training;
- To develop the skills in your staff group to challenge poor practice and acknowledge and encourage good practice;
- To develop skills to motivate staff to deliver a dignified service;
- Adopt different styles of delivery to facilitate learning;
- Think about what is a good and a bad training session;
- To be given the resources and tools to take back to your establishment to use as a basis for your own training.
|5th October 2017||NSPCC, 3 Gilmour Close, Beaumont Leys,|
|9th January 2018||Salvation Army, South Wigston|
|23rd March 2018||Harborough Innovation Centre, Leicester Road|