Involving & Engaging People with PMLD (Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties)
4 Jul 2017 - 27 Oct 2017
Involving and Engaging People with Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD) - A practical approach (1 day course - £30 per delegate) AIMS and OBJECTIVES:
Arrive 9.15 for registration and refreshments for a 9.30am prompt start and finish 4.00pm
For this course care providers will be invoiced at a flat rate of £30 per delegate, after the attendance.
If delegates fail to attend, the establishment will be invoiced for the non-attendance rate of £100 per person.
Leicestershire County Council staff can book on the course through the Hub, with your user account and password https://leicestershiretotara.learningpool.com/login/index.php
Leicestershire County Council Staff who do not have an account please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wider Sector, Leicester City Council & Rutland County Council Staff book on the course through the Hub, with your user account and password
If you do not have an account, this will need to be created for you. Please follow the link for joining instructions and more information about the Hub
http://www.lscdg.org/lms-information/ or email email@example.com
For further information relating to the LSCDG, courses and the Learning Management System
Visit our website - www.lscdg.org
LSCDG Contact: 0116 30 56675 or Email: LSCDG@leics.gov.uk
- Understand what the term PMLD means and why we relate to people in this way
- Know which Legislation/ Laws and policies govern the way in which we work
- Why Safeguarding is so important for people who have PMLD and understanding your role
- How Mental capacity and Deprivation of Liberty) DOL’s affect people with PMLD
- To explore the best ways to communicate and understand what's being communicated and look at how we can use objects to help a person understand.
- To look at sensory interaction and how we apply this
- To look at opportunities to involve people in everyday routines and activities.
- To understand the impact that attitudes have on an individual with PMLD
|4th July 2017||NSPCC, Beaumont Leys, Leicester|
|27th October 2017||The Salvation Army, South Wigston|