Mental Capacity Act 2005 (MCA)
11 Mar 2016
There has recently been some confusion from delegates about which MCA/DOLS course is most appropriate for them to attend. We have pulled all the training together in the attached document and identified the target audience for each course. We hope this will help in signposting delegates to the appropriate course. MCA DOLS programme Aims and objectives include:
Times: 9:30am – 4:00pm - Arrive 15 minutes early for registration and refreshments
Refreshments will be provided. Lunch will NOT be provided
For this course care providers will be invoiced at a flat rate of £30 per delegate, after the attendance.
If delegates fail to attend, the establishment will be invoiced for the non-attendance rate of £100 per person.
Local Authority staff will be required to enter a COST CODE on the booking form, in the event of non-attendance your Department will be invoiced, therefore authorisation from your manager is required for you to attend this training.
- Greater knowledge of the Act and the changes it brings.
- Time to explore what it means to have ‘mental capacity’
- Looking at when a ‘test’ of capacity may be undertaken
- Greater knowledge and confidence about your role in supporting a functional test of capacity or a best interest decision
- Understanding what the Act says can be done by support and care staff, and where there are limitations.
- Care Workers in services which support adults who may have difficulties in making their own decisions due to temporary or permanent loss of ‘capacity’.
- Managers and other senior staff wishing to ‘refresh’ their knowledge of MCA. This training will be delivered in an informal style to enable participants to apply the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards within their care services.
|15-October 2015||Peepul Enterprise Ltd, Leicester|
|09-December 2015||Heartwood Conferencing Ltd, Coalville|
|28-January 2016||Melton Carnigie Museum, Melton|
|23-Febuary 2016||The Pavillion, Huncote|
|09-March 2016||Salvation Army, South Wigston|
|11-March 2016||Green Towers for Young People, Hinckley|