Moving & Handling Training The Trainer Update
This course is an update and is designed to refresh and update skills and knowledge in respect of the safe moving and handling of people.
It is only for those who have completed the LSCDG 3 day train the trainer course.
Refreshers are required every18 to 36 months following initial 3 day training.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Work within the laws and regulations of Moving and Handling
- Identify and demonstrate the physical effects of manual handling on the body
- Use principles of safe handling and instruct others to do so.
- Identify and correct unsafe client handling practices
- Use safe hoisting techniques and instruct others to do so
- Carry out and demonstrate to others the need for safety checks on equipment
- Carry out, implement and review M&H risk assessments
- Demonstrate continued competence
- Have an update on Manual Handling Risk Assessment