Understanding behaviours that challenge
24 Jan 2017
Duration: One day Audience: Staff that support Service Users that show behaviours of concern. Cost: £30 The aims for the course:
- Give participants knowledge and skills to proactively support Service Users who may display behaviours that challenge.
- Provide the opportunity to explore the term 'restrictive interventions' and their appropriate use.
- Know what is meant by the term 'Behaviours of concern'
- Understand communication and how this impacts on an individual's behaviour
- Identify signs, causes and functions of behaviour
- Relate to legal requirements in regards to managing behaviours that challenge
- Be able to manage behaviours that challenge with positive and proactive methods of support
- Know what is meant by 'Positive Behaviour Support' and adopt human rights based approaches
- Understand the importance of post incident debrief for both Service Users and Staff